|On Demand||Veterinarians, Veterinary Techs||1.0||
Stephen A. Greene, DVM, MS, Diplomate ACVAA
Professor in Anesthesiology
This is the seventh module of the Pain Management Certificate Program. It can either be taken independently or as a complete program. If you would like to take the whole program please click here.
Course recorded September 2015.
In this module, Dr. Stephen Greene presents an overview on the effects of acupuncture on tissues, the immune system, and nervous system. Specific topics covered in this overview are:
- What happens to tissues when acupunctured?
- How is energy transferred?
- What molecular mediators are involved?
- What are Traditional Chinese Medicine goals?
- ß-endorphin release
- Immune system modulation
- Autonomic & Central Nervous System effects
- Other (non-analgesic) effects of acupuncture
It is the responsibility of each participant to determine if online courses are accepted for CE credit by their State Licensing Board. Also to receive credit, you must successfully pass the course's quiz.
**If you have purchased this course please go to your Dashboard and select the course title there to get course content.